Hamilton Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program
The City of Hamilton Homeownership Down Payment Assistance Program assists low to moderate-income Hamiltonians that are interested in purchasing a home.
To be eligible, applicants:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Have been renting in the City of Hamilton for at least the last 6 months
- Do not currently own a home or property
- Be a legal resident of Canada and intend to have this home as their one and only residence
- Qualify for a mortgage with a maximum home price of $375,000 (verification from a federally recognized bank or credit union)
- Have a combined maximum gross income of $80,000 annual income of all members of the household
- Do not have, and are not in a spousal relationship, including a same-sex spousal relationship with a person that has, any form of interest in ownership of a property
- Students are not eligible to apply for this program
For more information please contact the Housing Administration Clerk: 905-546-2424 ext 1554.
Send me a message to find a home that meets your needs.